Being physically active and challenging myself are significant elements of what defines me. I am also energized by connecting with others, learning their story, and developing relationships.
I have spent the past 25 years working as a speech-language pathologist (SLP), with young children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In collaboration with each child’s family, I define their child’s strengths and challenges and work to assist each child in achieving short and long term goals. In tandem with my career as a SLP, I have found joy and comradery while participating in fitness events, including triathlons. The coaches at Renegade Fitness have guided and supported my athletic endeavors, helping me to achieve a level of fitness I didn’t know I was possible for me.
In 2016, I was introduced to the Training for Warriors (TFW) system, and I realized it was time for me to connect the dots between my love for goal setting and self-improvement and empowering others to do the same.
I am a Level 1 certified TFW coach and am presently pursuing Level 2 and National Assn. of Sports Medicine (NASM) personal training certifications. As a lifelong learner and advocate for others, I look forward to teaming with clients to create personalized plans for a healthy, sustainable lifestyle.
- Training For Warriors Level 1 2017 – present
- B.S. Speech & Hearing Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- M.A. Speech-Language Pathology, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- C.C.C. (Certificate of Clinical Competence) in Speech-Language Pathology
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certified – American Heart Association