Here is your Recipe Of The Month: Pork Stir Fry with Snow Peas. This is one of our favorite Stir Fry Recipes. It’s protein packed with a serving of complex carbohydrates and Vegetables.
Pork Stir Fry with Snow Peas
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 Tbsp water, extra
- 17 1/2 oz lean pork stir-fry strips
- 2 tsp cornstarch or 4 tsp whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry (optional)
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 piece of ginger (1/2-inch), chopped
- 1 small red chili pepper (to taste), seeded and sliced
- 6 spring onions, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 1/2 oz snow peas, halved
Wash and steam rice in 2 cups water (see recipe link below).
In medium sized bowl, mix oyster sauce, sugar, stock cube and water together. Combine pork with cornstarch or whole wheat flour, rice wine, soy sauce and marinate for 10 minutes.
Heat wok or skillet until hot. Add a drizzle of oil (about 1 tablespoon). Stir fry garlic, ginger and chili pepper until fragrant. Stir-fry pork in 1 to 2 batches for about a minute and remove from pan.
Add a little more oil (about 1 tablespoon) to the pan. Stir-fry spring onions and snow peas for 30 seconds until hot, but still crisp. Return pork to pan.
Push pork and vegetables to the side. Mix and add sauce mixture to the pork-vegetable mixture. Stir and bring to a simmer. Mix together and heat through. Serve with steamed rice.